THINGS TO READ AND LOOK AT BY LAUREN LI PORTER ♦HOLIDAY HOME♦

Monday, 28 November 2011

REASONS WHY

here's a short film of the poetic vessel I was describing in the last post. I'm trying to minimise my end of year suffering by being sporadically proactive now and to this end I've started making print ready book pages about every stage, all the time, forever. This is what I say about this, in that:

combining footage of the poetic vessel as it marshalls and accumulates iron filings with footage of the birth of Surtsey and current webcam images of the Island and Reykjavík, the film illustrates my interest in the act of constructed registering and quantification of larger phenomena as a means of  their appropriation.

so there you go.


Untitled from Lauren Li Porter on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers